Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Group Forum Reflection


The focus for the last two days on the cultural make-up of our student body was an extremely useful opportunity to come together as a class and learn from each other.  I greatly enjoyed hearing others' opinions on the topics that we discussed, and likewise having the opportunity to share my opinions and experiences.  Many of the topics, while potentially controversial, were presented in such a way that different opinions were encouraged.  I greatly enjoyed presenting on our topic of Appalachia and so wish that we had more time to discuss its implications in the classroom and look at strategies when teaching rural students.  I don't know that I necessarily learned anything new, but I do feel that I was able to organize my thoughts on the topics in a different way.  What I did learn was a lot more about the people in the class, and for that reason, I almost wish that we had this forum earlier in the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment