Sunday, June 2, 2013

First Class Reflection

The first class of the whirlwind 5-week summer tern was on Thursday, May 30th.  I won't lie, my attentions were a bit divided between the information and my 8-week old daughter, Elizabeth Claire, who had to come with me the first day.  However, there were numerous tidbits that I gleaned from the lecture and class discussions, some of which were old news and others new news.  Firstly, what excites me the most about this class is that I will have the opportunity to learn about the various modes of learning, motivation, and engagement of my students.  I'm fascinated to hear how, and hopefully why, we learn.  I know that the information taught will be extremely relevant and useful to me when I return to my classroom in August, especially with the different modes of instruction and their uses.  Personally, I relate to the Interactive/Collaborative and Discovery/Inquiry theories, not only for how I learn but for how I like to teach, but it is so interesting to see how everyone else processes and redirects information.  I am definitely looking forward to the discussions and knowledge that everyone in the class will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment